School of Nursing Sciences
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Program duration: Four years; 160 credit points
Program Head: Dr. Pazit Azuri
The program combines theoretical medical knowledge, decision making capabilities and responsibilities for performing in a dynamic environment with a multi-professional team dedicated to saving lives and affecting people’s quality of life.
The program provides students with managerial tools needed for development in clinical and career paths in medicine.
Academic nursing is a leading profession, with daily involvement in bettering and saving lives. The degree insures a varied career in a medical environment.
1. Training students to become academic nurses and to excel in the Ministry of Health qualification exams.
2. To give students state-of-the-art abilities and techniques based on the latest developments in science.
3. To provide students with the foundation necessary to manage a group of patients and a paramedical team.
Being an academic nurse is a prerequisite for promotion in the clinical field (e.g. clinical specialist in pain, diabetes, ICU, labor and delivery), in managerial positions such as managing teams and health institutions and in the academic field (applying for advanced degrees, teaching positions and managing educational programs).
1. The Managerial Unit, unique to the program, offers a multi-professional managerial team, decision-making processes, treatment management and guidance processes for the patient and his family. The program offers a wide managerial approach for the individual, the group and the system of the management field.
2. The academic nurse program is taught in a lucrative academic campus, authorized by the Council for Higher Education. All theoretical classes are taught in the Academic College Tel Aviv-Yaffo.
3. Clinical, hands-on experience will take place in the leading medical institutions in Israel, Sheba, and Ichilov. Clinical experience will be given in the last two years of the program, after the students learn the theoretical materials and gain the confidence to work in a multi-professional managerial team in a dynamic environment.
4. The program is three days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
5. High scholarships (50 percent of tuition) are given to qualifying applicants for the 2012-2013 school year.
6. Highest acceptance requirements out of all the academic centers in Israel; ensures a high-level learning environment.
Only in the academic college:
Students in their fourth year may apply for a certified clinical guide. A student who passes the program will receive, in addition to a BSN degree, also a certified clinical guide certificate.
This certificate will allow the student:
1. To be promoted quickly in the workplace
2. A better chance of acceptance to work in a medical institution
3. Higher pay and professional level
4. Professional prestige
*awarding the degree is pending the approval of the council for higher education